The ELE story – Making Things Possible
The ELE story dates back to 1955 when Earby Light Engineers developed its reputation as a supplier of compressor blades to Rolls-Royce. Following a management buy-out in 2000, ELE was formed and, under its new leadership, set out to install the finest available technology necessary to compete against the best in the world. Engineering and business processes were developed which ensured that costs, quality and flexibility were of the highest possible standards.
The old UK factories were replaced with a purpose-built facility in Colne, Lancashire. We invested in some of the most advanced technology in existence and worked with our employees to develop new, niche processes in non-conventional machining.
This investment soon produced results and within 5 years ELE had secured a significant share of the global market for blades and nozzles associated with land-based gas turbines. Working alongside research scientists from the University of Manchester, new techniques and processes were developed which enabled us to produce a wider range of products and service new markets. We also continued to invest in the aerospace and automotive sectors and today remain one of the few companies in the world capable of producing fully machined blades and vanes at a single site.
Complementing our UK capability, a modern and efficient factory unit was opened in Eastern Europe at Trencin, Slovakia. This is now well embedded, with exceptional levels of productivity and quality under the dedicated management of a highly qualified local team.
Our manufacturing facilities in Europe currently provide our customers with exceptional flexibility, and class-leading levels of quality and delivery performance, while guaranteeing a cost competitive service.